Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Serving Up Some EELS, They're a delicacy, you know.

POW! This one hurts. My beloved EELS. Well, what can I say? Truly one of my favorite bands over the past 15 years or so. E and the band, they just keep getting better year after year. I will be offering up the first four LPs I purchased, Electro-shock Blues, Daisies of the Galaxy, Souljacker, and Shottenanny! Sadly, I never did get a copy of Beautiful Freak. Even though I was a fan of EELS when it came out, I chose to purchase the CD instead. Urgh!!! And I'm not quite ready to part with my Blinking Lights... box set yet (70/2500 signed by E himself!).

Eels (often typeset as eels or EELS) is an American rock band formed by singer/songwriter Mark Oliver Everett, better known as E. Other members rotate frequently, both in the studio and on stage. Eels appear on several film soundtracks, including American Beauty, Holes, The Anniversary Party, Road Trip, Knocked Up, Yes Man, The End of Violence, Hellboy II, Hot Fuzz, and the first three Shrek movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment