Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Avett Brothers - The Second Gleam (2008)

SOLD! $75.00

Auction Link (ends September 8th)

Near Mint Original U.S. 1st Pressing
Ramseur Records: RR2725
Format: 12" Gatefold LP, Black Vinyl
Cover Condition: NEAR MINT! Perfect Copy! Hardly ever pulled from the shelf and always stored vertically in a protective poly sleeve.
Vinyl Condition: NEAR MINT! Stunning vinyl!
Includes: Original Photo Inner Sleeve

"when it brings the gleam" written in the dead wax on side 1.
"longer lasting than me" written in the dead wax on side 2.


Limited Pressing that was on the shelves for about two weeks then vanished! And, of course, is now out of print.

I saw the Avetts perfrom for the first time at Coachella in April 2007. There's not much one can say after experiencing their live show except for "Holy sh*t!". I had read about them shortly before my trip to California that year and I marked them off as a band I wanted to check out. Having never heard their music before, I wanted to see what they were all about. Man, am I glad I saw them that day! They are easily one of the best bands performing and recording today.

Shortly after returning from that trip, I purchased Emotionalism along with The Gleam. Sadly, the Avetts had nothing available on vinyl at that time so I was happy to purchase the CDs. Less than a year later, they released The Second Gleam. I really can't recall when the vinyl came out. I think it was released a short time after the CD but can't say for certain. Either way, the second I saw this appear on the shelf of my local Tower Records (man, I miss that store), I scooped it up! All I remember is there were only a few copies of it stocked at that time. And the next time I went back, they were all gone. This is one damn good album!

Release Info: The Second Gleam (sometimes written The Gleam II) is a 2008 EP by The Avett Brothers. Produced by The Avett Brothers and Doug Williams, recorded by Doug Williams at Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders, with the exception of "The Greatest Sum (Electric)" which was recorded at Echo Mountain.

1."Tear Down the House" - 3:04
2."Murder in the City" - 3:12
3."Bella Donna" - 3:03
4."The Greatest Sum" - 3:20
5."Black, Blue" - 4:27 (only by download or on vinyl)
6."St. Joseph's" - 3:23
7."Souls Like the Wheels" - 4:38
8."The Greatest Sum (Electric)" - 3:13 (only by download or on vinyl)

No comments:

Post a Comment